22/02/2010

TIGHT CORNERS AND BUSES

Findng it slightly hard to keep my eyes open at the moment... might need a second coffee and I so should have taken that massive Red Bull with me that was in the fridge. I have a bike jacket / glove tan on my wrist (like a watch tan... but opposite) and a strip across my lower back which is also burnt... and slightly tender. YES we went for a Sunday ride! =)

We started off at just after nine and headed for the mountains, we were two GSXR 1000s, a Ducati 1198, a ZX 10-R and the Buell 1125CR. Awesome ride. I was the only girl as always... but the boys go easy with me so I wasn't fussed. We stopped for lunch just passed the mountains, and headed through to the Jenloan Caves to then head back. We were probably on the road for a good 6 hours. It was awesome and my butt was SO sore by the end that I walked with a limp like a high school pimp. Ha. It was my first long ride ever, and as much as it took it out of me (I was exhausted when we got home, and collapsed in bed that night, not to even mention the effort of getting up this morning...) I had a lot of fun. I'm not gonna say that there wasn't a few close calls at a speeds much too high, but you live and you learn. Thanks boys, especially to Zen with your patience =)



We eneded the day @Bondi with a BBQ a la Mark which is always fantastic, and a quick dip in the ocean which was well needed after loosing about 40kgs in sweat alone that day. Phew. Next weekends ride is already planned. Can't wait.

No comments: