22/09/2010

TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS & TWENTY MINUTES LATER











SUPRÉ dress, diva cuffs, rubi sandals, colette bag, dotti belt, YSL ring

If you missed my face on TV last night, here is a breakdown of the outfit that I put together, all for $139. (OK... minus my own added YSL ring.. my new baby which I refuse to ever take off my hand) Budget shopping under 20 minutes is not easy I tell you. When we were given the theme "The Maxi Dress" by the Westfield Insider team, I immidiately had this colour in mind. I will be prancing around in this coral-ey pink a lot this summer, I think it's beautiful and goes very well with beiges, tans and golds.

So the first thing I did was dash to SUPRÉ, who I knew had this maxi dress at a decent price ($35). Once the dress box was ticked, I felt like I had a colour and a shape to go off, and opted for the plaited belt from Dotti ($12) to tie together the masses of material just flying around my body, to a slimmer shape. When it came to shoes I wanted to add something simple, in the same shade as the belt. I had seen these sandals in black at Rubi Shoes before, and ran to the store in hope of them having them in tan. And they did. ($30). Next stop was Diva, and straight to the "2 for 1" wall. A lot of fashion bloggers at home such as lisaplace.se have been rocking the double cuff, and I felt this would be something slightly nouveau and different ($14), and also chucked in a golden beaten ring for another ($14). The bag was collected at Colette Accessories for ($34), I wanted a hand held clutch in a light beige to break up the colour palette just slightly.

So all up, $139, with a fiesty $61 to spare for a really, really fancy lunch. I had so much fun with this, and what a surprise that you can get away with a decent outfit for a mere $139, an amount which I could easily spend on ONE pair of heels.

You can check out the clip (if you missed it) on ACA's website - here. And GET ENTERING to the Westfield Insider to those of you who still haven't. This really is the chance of a lifetime. Good luck to each and everyone of you xo

A biiiig thank you to everyone at Westfield and Chanel 9's ACA, and of course Rose at ARC PR. Such a lovely team xo

15 comments:

Emma said...

WHOA I adore this. I can't believe it was all so cheap, ive seen those dresses in supre and wasn't sure if they would be nice on but seeing this i think i need to get one. you did a fantastic job, off to watch the video. congrats :)

http://sunshinelollipopsblog.blogspot.com
Scrapbook de la Emma

Kim - Blonde Suburbia said...

Arghh I just realised I posted a comment on the wrong post!!! Ughh You look goergous love what you;ve put together! And I really love the YSL ring!!

me said...

gorgeous as always Steph, saw you on ACA last night - loved the outfit! Goodluck in the comp (not that you need it) :) xxx

Becky Jean said...

Oh gosh you did so well!!! I love the colour of your dress. So beautiful... and i love the idea of 2 of the same cuffs!!! Best of luck for the comp!! xxx

Emma said...

yay I just watched it, you were awesome :D
spotted your YSL ring too, good luck with the comp


http://sunshinelollipopsblog.blogspot.com
Scrapbook de la Emma

Influence said...

Gorgeous dress!! You look great x

Anonymous said...

great blog, your gorgeous.
come by my blog?

Richard Kramer said...

great stuff! this outfit is very "you". keep up the awesomeness! saw you on the air too! so proud of ya!

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things said...

Wow! :) Thats a great look you've put together! And I actually enjoy buying a lot of stuff from Supre coz you can usually put it together and mix and match! :)
Congrats on a job well done :)



Follow my blog at http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Really love this look. It's such a wicked challenge!

I have that YSL ring too, isn't it amazing?!

Kosterina O. said...

amazing look! this coral color is my favorite. And the chose of accesories is great!

Jess said...

Ahhh totally watched this hun x

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your application. Just to let you know that I've linked to your blog under the page "Insider Entries". I've also linked to your blog on the post called "A Current Fashion Affair"

Please let me know if you want me to change anything.

Lollo said...

snygging! snart e du världskändis ;) tänkt om du vinner, d vore ju hur coolt som helt! =) saknar dig! puss

laurenjean. said...

i LOVE love love your blog!