23/09/2009

NO ORDINAIRY WEDNESDAY

Woke up this morning to the strangest smell. It smelt like wet sand, kind of like a walk on the beach in pouring rain. I'd slept really uneasy all night, tossing and turning even though I was oh so tired. When the alarm went off I finally decided to open my eyes and outside the window Sydney looked like this:




Dooms day? Armageddon? Total Recall? What the F is this!? Baby had to go to work, I was slightly worried considering you couldn't see like 5 cm in front of you! But somehow he managed to get there safe. Don't ask me how. The news told us that Sydney was experiencing the worst dust storm in it's history, and that everything was getting covered in dust.


(That's the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the background... cannot even see it...!) Dust storm or no dust storm, I still have work to do so I'm gonna finish up my coffee as usual and head out. Note to self: no whites today... haha ;) Guess Sydney can't always be sunshine and lollipops.

No comments: