22/07/2010

ALMOST HERE





shirt: SUPRÉ, jeans: tattoo, jewellery: bondi markets


Good morning beautiful people. I can gladly say that I'm feeling much better today. Not at 100% yet, but definately getting there. I've had a mild skin allergy since about two years ago, and yesterday was a nightmare. So when I (finally) got home from work yesterday I had a loooong hot shower, scrubbed and then drenched myself in body lotion and allergy creams, and popped claratyne. My man also made me a vegetable and chicken soup (divine) and cuddled me in the couch. All which seems to have done the trick. I've decided to try harder with skin cleaning routines, eating better and drinking HEAPS of water. I believe beauty comes first and foremost from treating your body right, and not getting enough sleep, eating bad foods and not exercising is not going to leave you feeling & looking fresh. That's just the way it is I guess.

I found the hand of Fatima pendant (left) at the Bondi markets last weekend. I have been looking for one for a while. This girl made all her things by hand and everything was 100% "Bali" silver (which means that I can wear it without breaking out...!) so I couldn't resist. I am not a religious person, and I don't believe in God. I don't look down on people who do, but I just don't believe in THE God. However, I am baptised and if I were to get married i would probably do it in a church... Saying that I don't call myself religious, but I believe in something. This palm shaped amulet is worn in North Afrca and the Middle East, and is originally called Khamsa (Arabic), and is believed to be a defense against all evil. The Khamsa has long represented blessings, power and strength and is thus seen as potent in deflecting the evil eye.

I find it interesting. And I think it's quite beautiful. I hope it will help me fight off any evil ;) xo

2 comments:

Oricale Heart said...

wow these photos are AMAZING :)

Alice Liddell Blog said...

Love the hand necklace, and glad to hear you're not sore anymore.

It's nice to find another Sydney blogger!

http://wantwhatsheswearing.blogspot.com/