20/01/2011

beating on a different drum



















Last time on my way to South Africa I remember meeting a funny blonde girl on the plane. She had flown just about as far as we had, and she managed a smile at me and told me that I would love every part of this strange country. And I think she was right.

Dancing right above the world, Africa is something different and unique. I know that I am lucky, blessed if you want to call it that - to have so many friends and family all over the world. Offering chaos, adventure, heart ache and joy all at once, it's sometimes hard to have a time limit on every moment that you finally get to spend together. Yet every person that I choose to share my stories with, all express their envy on every journey that I have taken.

Something that I have learnt from the past year, it is that family is forever. And adventures are experiences that will live within you forever. Both of these thing don't have a price tag. Both of these things will never fail you, let you down or disappoint. I know that the past few years I have prioritised work and duty, before any of these two things. This year holds promise, love, creativity and challenge. This year is very different.

Never give up your dreams for anything. You only live once. So FCKNG carpe diem - learn to appreciate every second, every moment and always make the most of everything.

Mum and Dad, Richard, Mommo and Jack. Anne, Louise, Therese, Mikaela, Jacob, Uncle Mikael and Annika and Caroline. Henrik, Linda, Christian, Elis and Jonatan. Michaela, Adeline, Marta, Minga and Gustaf. And to all the rest of you - I love you all and appreciate every effort, every minute and part of your time. I love you all. And thank you Africa. x


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

what amazing pics, I'd love to go back to Africa again. It's so beautiful xx

Michaela said...

Men GUD! Vilka sjukt fina bilder, min kvinna! Love you too.

Du, jag vill att du följer med mig på Stockholm Fashion Week! Kom tillbaka!

Xxx

Fashion Agony said...

Man those pics are stunning!
This looks like freedom , I'm so jealous :)

xoxo
Check out my 100£ ASOS Gift Voucher GIVEAWAY!
http://fashionagony.blogspot.com/

alannah. said...

oh that is so gorgeous. my friend is south african & shes over there on holidays atm & just loving it. definitely where i plan on travelling one day.x



http://thatsweetaurora.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow amazing pics!
I would love to visit Africa someday:)

xoxo,
Yuka
www.blossomlink.wordpress.com