09/12/2009

MURRAH 2009



So each year, the boys get together for a Christmas Cook-Off, which is basically a weekend around Christmas to drink, relax, cook, eat and then drink some more. Last year it didn't happen because people were all over the place and time just didn't allow it. But this year - it happened! And so I was packing on Thursday night for my first ever Christmas Cook-Off. Excitement!

Nath had found us a place just outside of Bega, a 6 hour drive from Sydney called Murrah. Judging by their photos and their website, the place looked nice. Friday was rushed at work and I was out slightly early... with a feeling of a developing cold. F that. This weekend is MINE. We took Viky down (Viky is the car, if you haven't already understood that from my previous posts), and after 6 hours of driving, stopping, meeting up with C&T, having giggling fits and trying not to fall asleep, we were greeted with this:



Each night / day a couple was set to cook. This night it was Naths, Anhs and Flicks turn since the rest of us had been driving all day and arrived pretty late. Don't think that any one was complaining when this table was set up upon our arrival. Yum. Despite tiredness and my quickly developing cold, Skittle bombs appeared more and more frequently and into the spa we hopped after dinner. Got an idea of what the house looked like, but since it was dark it was kinda hard to grasp what the place was actually had to offer. The next morning, even though with a slight headache, we were greeted with the most amazing views and house I have seen in a very long time...



Private beach, pool, spa, sun deck, cinema room, mini golf course, fishing, views, a massive kitchen, a wood fire oven... This place was unbelievable. To make it short I had the best weekend I have had in a very very very long time. It almost felt like being with family, and I loved every second of it. We talked, laughed, swam, cooked, drank, sun bathed, drank some more, pushed each other in the pool, had Christmas Kringle and drank some more again. Nobody wanted to leave come Sunday. But I'm betting my all on that we are coming back.

xx to you all at Murrah.


We had Skittle Bombs!



...and Coco Pops for brekkie



...and then had more Skittle Bombs



attempting to Swedish-ize my friends with my appetizer




3 comments:

Nathan said...

It was an amazing weekend Stephie and it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without you there.. Your amazing and we are lucky to have you as a friend.

Love ya....

watermeloncrush.com said...

No I am the lucky one Nath. LOVE YOU MOSTEST xx say hi to Flick, I miss her gorgeous face too. x

Charlie said...

three is a magic number :)

http://Redandblack.se