16/01/2011

african summer love
























You guys will have to make do with iPhone photos for now, but I couldn't wait to show you what we've been up to these past few days. In short - bike riding, beer drinking, horse riding, Brandy tasting, a bit of hiking, camping, more drinking and a lot of laughter. A few hours ago we got back from a place called Atlantis, which are massive sand dunes about an hour from where we are. It's a magical place, you feel free when you're there, it's like nothing else exists. We set up camp and spent the night underneath a starry sky.

Yesterday we hiked up Table Mountain in Cape Town. Even though I thought my heart was going to pack up and go home several times, it was the most satisfying feeling to have made it to the top. We had a typical SA breakfast and I sent my Grandma a postcard from the top. Mission complete. I'll post better photos soon, promises.

PS - Still working on my Afrikaans. x

3 comments:

Fashion Agony said...

Wow, looks like a real African desert, so cool!
xoxo
http://fashionagony.blogspot.com/

emeliestricker said...

mysiga bilder!

Emma said...

Hi there!
Lovely blog you have here! Lots of nice pictures and good inspiration! You are verry beautiful, just thought you should know.. Thanks for sharing!

Wanna be followers? Let me know!!

Love from Stockholm.. xoxo